Food is a key element in the good development of pregnancy, but also a factor to be taken into account when avoiding exposing the baby to unnecessary risks. In general, those women who lead a healthy life, with a balanced diet and practice regular exercise will only have to maintain their habits during the nine months of pregnancy. They will only have to take into account a list of foods prohibited during gestation and that they respond to the prevention of minor illnesses that can cause great disorders in the pregnancy.
The most common prohibited foods in pregnancy are:
- Sausages: when consumed, we run the risk of contracting toxoplasmosis. A disease that, although usually asymptomatic, can cause serious disorders in the development of the fetus. For this reason, foods such as Serrano or Iberian ham, sausage or beef tenderloin are often part of this list of prohibited foods in pregnancy. Instead, there is no problem in consuming cooked ham or turkey. It is also permitted to consume sausages during pregnancy provided they have been previously frozen for at least three days.
- Raw meats: although it is the ideal point to taste certain meats, it should be avoided during the gestation months because it can be a source of contagion of toxoplasmosis. This includes preparations such as tartar, tataki or carpaccio.
- Tuna: this species and others also large such as swordfish, bonito or sea bream are contraindicated during pregnancy because of their high content of mercury. To add the necessary amount of fish to the diet during the gestation months, substitute these fish for smaller fish such as anchovies, fish, salmon, sardines or squids.
- Raw fish: avoid raw fish, whether in sushi version, anchovies or anchovies in vinegar, to avoid getting anisakis. If you are away from home, make sure it has been previously frozen (at -20º, frozen industrial) before consuming it.
- Unpasteurized dairy: it is essential to avoid cheeses, yogurts, and milk that have not been subjected to pasteurization since they can cause the pregnant woman to develop a disease called listeriosis, which has very serious consequences for the fetus. Just consult the labeling of dairy before consumption and avoid taking those of which we do not have manufacturing data because they are homemade or lack labeling.
You may also like to read: What drinks are useful for weight loss?
It is recommended to wash fruits and vegetables well before consumption to avoid toxoplasmosis and listeriosis; To minimize the consumption of coffee and tea; Avoid foods with raw or undercooked eggs to prevent salmonella and monitor the consumption of sauces containing them, such as mayonnaise, whose storage conditions must be very strict, and limit the consumption of liver due to excess vitamin A, harmful to the baby.
In addition, during pregnancy, more than ever, the consumption of sugars and junk food should be monitored, since they do not contribute anything beneficial and mostly they make harm the health of the baby and the mother.
You May Also Like this Blog Quiotl.com